I want a hippo for christmas

Thursday, May 28, 2009

What a Trip!

We're home! Yeah! We just spent the last week in Edgerton and it is wonderful to be home! It was just a little vacation and it was relaxing while there but the road trip really stinks! It should take us about 10 1/2 hours to get there (which is bad enough!) but the way out took 12 1/2 thanks to traffic downtown Chicago! The last 1/2 hour or so out of Chicago I was throwing up with car-sickness and no where to pull out! My poor family! Thankfully it didn't make anyone else sick! The kids were really tired of the drive though at about 4 hours in so the last 8 1/2 were with screaming, antzy, grumpy kids...it was really a horrible trip.
While there tough we spent some quality time with Mom & Jerod. Coral had knee surgery so we were able to spend time with Carl & Brenda & Coral too. She also graduated highschool on Tuesday, the 26th. Crutches and all she looked great! It really brought back memories though of being in a similiar situation at my graduation.
Sunday was interesting, it may ahve been the most service we have, personally, ever had! There is no nursery at Edgerton so I tried Jackson in church...he lasted about 5 minutes and we were there at 9:00 so we had 25 minutes before church even started! I sat in the basement with him and was able to greet each elder and deacon and chat with Rev. Lee for awhile too. By the time it started Jackson was so sick of it and ready for a nap so I took him home, about 3 blocks away. Jerod was home sleeping so I put Jackson down, waited until he was sleeping and went back to church. Deana was sleeping (which never happens!) on Tim when I got back and so I took her and about 20 minutes later she peed on me! Tim went out for papertowels (the floors are hardwood) and I went home! So no visiting in the morning, I didn't even have a chance to say "Hi" to Lyssa or Michelle or any of the aunts and Grandpa Bleyenberg! Satuday night Jackson was up most of the night and kept Deana and I up too so that may be why she slept in church but she was not ready to take a nap and so Tim stayed up with the kids and I took a 2 hour nap, it was great! Well, Tim did not put Jackson down because he was being good so when it was time for night church Jackson was ready for a nap! I just stayed home at night and didn't even attempt to take him. I listened to Rev. Eriks online with Jackson asleep on me, it was actually a good thing I stayed home...I had another headache. When will these nasty things stop!?
The kids played outside nearly all day/ everyday it was great! Stacy, Mom, Brenda, and I played a lot of rounds of Blokus. It's kind of like Tetris for 4 people and really challenging!
Memorial Day was spent at a pancake breakfast at SW High (Tim's old high school) where we had breakfast with Skip & Barb Hunter. We knew of them before that morning but it was nice to meet and get to know who they really are. We went to a little pond with kids after that and went fishing. The dock was not stabilized on the shore so as everyone walked out it would slowly sink in and float out. Stacy and I parked our butts on the end of the dock and played anchors while the rest of the family fished, it wasn't bad it gave us a good excuse to just sit and make the kids do the sunscreen thing and chase kids! Can't complain! Everett definately out-fished everyone too! he had his little "Cars" pole from his brithday and just kept on catching the fish! He had a little help from Tim casting and waiting, but Everett reeled them in! There was something like 25 fish caught total!
Tim and Brian had a lot of time together, they worked on the farm fixing and dinking around and shooting a lot of blackbirds! They stood in the garage and shot out the window! They went fishing a couple of times and pickled the Walleye. They did a lot of driving around the countryside too, who can blame them it's so peaceful out there!
The way home, thankfully, took 10 hours (this may be our record!) I was sick again but held it in and the kids were a lot better. Jackson was the biggest pain, he cannot understand being in his seat for so long and he can't color, play computer, or really enjusy the DVDs that Deana and Everett do. Everett slept almost 5 hours of the ride and Deana slept 3 1/2!
Anyway we're home safe and the store and the house are still standing, what more can I ask for!

0 comments:

Autumn 08 Album

About Me

My photo
Hudsonville / Borculo, Michigan, United States

Followers

My Music